Are you searching for IGNOU BCA Syllabus 2023? Then you are at the right place.
In this post, we are sharing the information about the IGNOU BCA latest syllabus 2023 in detail.
The BCA stands for bachelor of computer applications and we will also look into the fees and duration of bca course of ignou.
The Syllabus of bca ignou will provide an idea of the course and also help you to decide your decision.
Here, you will get the IGNOU bca syllabus 2023 in semester wise and also with their credits.
First of all, We will look into the some basic infor mation about the ignou Bca course and then we will proceed to the bca syllabus 2023.
Duration of the Programme
- Minimum – 3 Years and Maximum – 6 Years.
- In case the student is unable to pass all the courses of the BCA within the pres cribed maxi mum duration of 6 years.
- He/she can apply for exten sion of the duration by another two years by seeking Re-admission on remit ting the pro-rata fee of the left-over courses.
IGNOU BCA Fees structure
- The ignou Programme Fees of bca is Rs 7000 per semester and Rs 42000 for full programme.
- The ignou fees may change as and when uni versity decides.
- The student may get latest update on the ignou fees of bca from the con cerned IGNOU Re gional Centre or from the Student Registration Division (SRD) or from Student Service Centre (SSC).
Credit System of Bca Programme
- The IGNOU follows the ‘Credit System’ for its all pro grammes.
- Each credit is worth 30 hours of student study time, com prising all the learning activities.
- Thus, a three-credit course involves 90 study hours.
- This helps the student to under stand the academic effort one has to put into success fully complete a course.
- Completion of the pro gramme requires success ful comp letion of both assign ments and the Term End Exami nation of each course in the pro gramme.
- The pro gramme is divided into two semesters per year (January to June and July to December).
- So, there will be two exami nations every year – one in the month of June for the January to June semester courses and the other in December for the July to December semester courses.
- The students are at liberty to appear for any of the exami nations schedule conduc ted by the Uni versity during the year subject to completing the mini mum duration and other forma lities pres cribed for the pro gramme.
- Student may ensure that he paid the requisite fee as well as fulfils other require ments such as pre scribed mini mum atten dance etc. before appearing in the term end exami nations.
- The result may be with held or may be cancelled in case it is found that the student’s registration to the course is invalid or did not register.
Now, here we will look into the bca syllabus semester wise 2023.
Taking Total of 99 Credits in 3 years is compulsory for ignou Bca Student.
IGNOU BCA Syllabus 1st Semester 2023
|Course Code||Name of the Course||Credits|
|FEG – 02||Foundation Course in English-2||4|
|BCS-011||Computer Basics and PC Software||3|
|BCS – 012||Basic Mathe matics||4|
|BCSL – 013||Computer Basics and PC Software Lab||2|
Ignou BCA syllabus 2nd Semester subjects 2023
|Course Code||Name of the Course||Credits|
|ECO – 02||Accountancy-1||4|
|MCS – 011||Problem Solving and Pro gramming||3|
|MCS – 012||Computer Organi zation and Assembly Language Pro gramming||4|
|MCS – 013||Discrete Mathe matics||2|
|MCS – 015||Communi cation Skills||2|
|BCSL –021||C Language Pro gramming Lab||1|
|BCSL –022||Assembly Language Pro gramming Lab||1|
Ignou BCA syllabus 3rd Semester subjects 2023
|Course Code||Name of the Course||Credits|
|MCS – 014||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|MCS – 021||Data and File Structures||4|
|MCS – 023||Introduction to Database Manage ment Systems||3|
|BCS – 031||Pro gramming in C++||3|
|BCSL – 032||C++ Pro gramming Lab||1|
|BCSL – 033||Data and File Structures Lab||1|
|BCSL – 034||DBMS Lab||1|
Ignou BCA syllabus 4th Semester Subjects 2023
|Course Code||Name of the Course||Credits|
|BCS – 040||Statistical Tech niques||4|
|MCS – 024||Object Oriented Techno logies and Java Pro gramming||3|
|BCS – 041||Funda mentals of Computer Networks||4|
|BCS – 042||Introduction to Algorithm Design||2|
|MCSL – 016||Internet Concepts and Web Design||2|
|BCSL- 043||Java Pro gramming Lab||1|
|BCSL – 044||Statistical Tech niques Lab||1|
|BCSL – 045||Algorithm Design Lab||1|
Ignou BCA syllabus 5th semester subjects 2023
|Course Code||Name of the course||Credits|
|BCS-051||Introduction to Software Engineering||3|
Also see: IGNOU PGDCA Course 2023 session- Admission, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fee structure, programme details
|BCS-052||Network Pro gramming and Adminis tration||3|
|BCS-053||Web Pro gramming||2|
|BCS-054||Computer Oriented Numerical Tech niques||3|
|BCS-055||Business Commu nication||2|
|BCSL-056||Network Pro gramming and Adminis tration Lab||1|
|BCSL-057||Web Pro gramming Lab||1|
|BCSL-058||Computer Oriented Numerical Tech niques Lab||1|
Ignou BCA syllabus 6th semester subjects 2023
|Course Code||Name of the courses||Credits|
|MCS-022||Operating System Concepts and Net working Manage ment||4|
|BCSL-063||Operating System Concepts and Net working Manage ment Lab||1|
Detail Ignou Syllabus of Bca 2023 – Ist Semester
The following is the ignou syllabus of all the six semesters of BCA programme 2023.
1. FEG-02 : Foundation Course in English -2
- Unit 1 : Writing paragraph-1
- Unit 2 : Writing paragraph-2, the develop ment of a paragraph
- Units 3 : Writing a composition
- Unit 4 : Expository com position
- Unit 5 : Note-taking 1
- Units 6 : Writing reports-I, reporting events
- Unit 7 : Argumen tative composition-1, tech niques of argu ment
- Unit 8 : Argumen tative composition-1, logical presen tation
- Units 9 : Note taking-2, use of tables and diagrams
- Unit 10 : Writing reports-2, reporting meetings and speeches
- Unit 11 : Writing summaries-1
- Units 12 : Writing summaries-2
- Unit 13 : Writing paragraphs-2
- Unit 14 : Narrative composition-1
- Units 15 : Narrative composition-2
- Unit 16 : Writing reports-3, reporting interviews
- Unit 17 : Writing reports-4, reporting surveys
- Units 18 : Writing summaries-3
- Unit 19 : Descriptive com position-1, describing persons
- Unit 20 : Descriptive composition-2, describing places and objects
- Units 21 : Descriptive com position-3, describing conditions and processes
- Unit 22 : Note-taking-3,
- Unit 23 : Writing reports-5, reporting experi ments
- Units 24 : Summing up
2. ECO-01: Business Organisation – (4 Credits)
BLOCK 1 : Basic Concepts and Forms of Business Organisation
- Unit 1 : Nature and scope of Business
- Unit 2 : Forms of Business Organi sation – I
- Units 3 : Forms of Business Organi sation – II
- Unit 4 : Business Promotion
BLOCK 2 : Financing of Business
- Unit 5 : Methods of Raising Finance
- Unit 6 : Long-term Financing and Under writing,
- Units 7 : Stock Exchanges
BLOCK 3: Marketing
- Unit 8 : Advertising
- Unit 9 : Advertising Media
- Units 10 : Home Trade and Channels of Distribution
- Unit 11 : Whole salers and Retailers
- Units 12 : Procedure for Import and Export Trade
BLOCK 4: Business Services
- Unit 13 : Banking
- Unit 14 : Business Risk and Insurance
- Units 15 : Transport and Ware housing
BLOCK 5: Government and Business
- Unit 16 : Government and Business
- Unit 17 : Forms of Orga nisation in Public Enter prises
- Units 18 : Public Utilities
3. BCS-011: Computer Basics and PC Software
BLOCK 1: Basics of Computer Hardware
- Unit 1: Computer their Origin and Applications
- Unit 2: Functioning of a Computer
- Units 3: Memory System
- Unit 4: I/O Devices and their Functions
- Unit 5: My Personal Computer.
BLOCK 2 : Basics of Computer Software
- Unit 1: Software Evolution
- Unit 2: Operating System Concepts
- Units 3: Concept of Pro gramming Languages
- Unit 4: Computer Applications
BLOCK 3 : Internet Tech nologies
- Unit 1: Net working and Internet
- Unit 2: Web Applications I
- Units 3: Web Applications II
4. BCS-012: Basic Mathematics
BLOCK-1: Algebra I
- Unit-1: Determinants
- Unit-2: Matrices-1
- Units-3: Matrices-2
- Unit-4: Mathe matical Induction
BLOCK 2 : Algebra II
- Unit 1: Sequence and Series
- Unit 2: Complex Number
- Units 3: Equations
- Unit 4: Inequalities.
BLOCK 3: Calculus (Without Trigono metry)
- Unit 1: Differential Calculus
- Unit 2: Simple Application of Differential Calculus
- Units 3: Integration
- Unit 4: Application of Integration
BLOCK 4: Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Unit 1: Vector-1
- Unit 2: Vector-2
- Units 3: Three & Dimensional Geometry-1
- Unit 4: Linear Pro gramming
5. BCSL-013: Computer Basics and PC Software Lab
Section 1 : Operating System
- Session 1 : Familiari zation (Keyboard, Memory, I/O Port)
- Session 2 : Windows (2 Session)
- Sessions 4 : Linux (2 Session)
Section 2 : Word Processor (Open Office and MS Word)
- Session 1 : Basic Operations (Font selection, Justifi cation, Spell check, Table, Inden tation).
- Sessions 2 : Table of Content, Track Change and Commenting
- Sessions 3 : Mail Merge, Printing, Practice session
Section 3 : Spread Sheet (Concept of Worksheet, Workbook and Cell)
- Session 1 : Data entry
- Session 2 : Functioning
- Sessions.3 : Graphics and Practice session.
Section 4 : PowerPoint
- Session 1 : Basics operation
- Session 2 : Animation and Sound.
Also see: IGNOU Admission Status January 2023
Section 5 : E-mail
- Session 1 : Basic Operation
- Session 2: Address Book, Spam and Filtering.
Section 6 : Browsing and Discussion Forum
- Session1 : Browsing and Search (2 Sessions)
- Session 3 : Discussion Forum, Wiki and Google Doc (3 Sessions)
IGNOU BCA 2nd Semester Syllabus in Detail
1. ECO-02: Accountancy-I
BLOCK 1: Accounting Fundamentals
- Unit 1: Basic Concepts of Accounting
- Unit 2: The Accounting Process
- Units 3: Cash Book and Bank Recon ciliation
- Unit 4: Other Subsidiary Books
- Unit 5: Bills of Exchange
BLOCK 2: Final Accounts
- Unit 6: Concepts Relating to Final Accounts
- Unit 7: Final Accounts – I
- Units 8: Final Accounts – II
- Unit 9: Errors and their Rectifi cation
BLOCK 3: Consignment and Joint Ventures
- Unit 10: Consign ments Accounts – I
- Unit 11: Consign ments Accounts – II
- Units 12: Consign ments Accounts – III
- Units 13: Joint Venture Accounts
BLOCK 4: Accounts from Incomplete Records
- Units 14: Self Balancing System
- Unit 15: Accounting from In complete Records – I
- Unit 16: Accounting from In complete Records – II
- Units 17: Accounting from In complete Records – III
BLOCK 5: Accounts of Non-trading Concerns, Depreciation, Provisions and Reserves
- Unit 18: Accounts of Non-trading Concerns – I
- Unit 19 : Accounts of Non-trading Concerns – II
- Units 20 : Depre ciation – I
- Unit 21 : Depreciation – II
- Units 22 : Provisions and Reserves
2. MCS – 011: Problem Solving and Programming
BLOCK 1: An Introduction to C
- Units 1: Problem Solving U
- Unit 2: Basics of C
- Units 3: Variables and Constants
- Unit 4: Expressions and Operators
BLOCK 2: Control Statements, Arrays and Functions
- Unit 5: Decision and Loop Control Statements
- Units 6: Arrays U
- Unit 7: Strings Declaration and Initia lization of Strings
- Units 8: Functions
BLOCK 3: Structures, Pointers and File Handling
- Unit 9: Structures and Unions
- Units 10: Pointers
- Unit 11: The C Pre processor
- Units 12: Files
Also read: IGNOU Helpline Numbers or Contact Numbers
3. MCS-012: Computer Organisation and Assembly Language Language Programming
BLOCK 1: Introduction to Digital Circuits
- Unit 1: The Basic Computer
- Units 2: The Data Represen tation
- Unit 3: Principles of Logic Circuits I
- Units 4: Principles of Logic Circuits II
BLOCK 2: Basic Computer Organisation
- Unit 1: The Memory System
- Units 2: The Input/Output System
- Unit 3: Secondary Storage
- Units 4: I/O Technology
BLOCK 3: The Central Processing Unit
- Unit 1: Instruction Set Archi tecture
- Units 2: Registers, Micro Operations and Instruction Execution
- Unit 3: ALU Organisation
- Units 4: The Control Unit
- Unit 5: Reduced Instruction Set Computer Archi tecture.
BLOCK 4: Assembly Language Programming
- Unit 1: Micro processor Archi tecture
- Units 2: Introduction to Assembly Language Pro gramming
- Unit 3: Assembly Language Pro gramming (Part – I)
- Units 4: Assembly Language Pro gramming (Part – II)
4. MCS-013: Discrete Mathematics
BLOCK 1: Elementary Logic
- Unit 1: Pre positional Calculus
- Units 2: Methods of Proof
- Unit 3: Boolean Algebra and Circuits
BLOCK 2: Basic Combinatorics
- Unit 1: Sets, Relations and Functions
- Units 2: Combinatorics – An Introduction
- Unit 3: Some More Counting Principles
- Units 4: Partitions and Distri butions
5. MCS-015: Communication Skills
BLOCK 1: Skills Needed at the Work Place-I
- Unit 1: The Process of Communication
- Unit 2: Telephone Tech niques
- Units 3: Job Applications and Interviews
- Unit 4: Group Discussions
- Units 5: Managing Organi sational Structure
- Unit 6: Meetings
- Units 7: Taking Notes and Preparing Minutes
- Unit 8: Presentation Skills-I
- Units 9: Presen tation Skills-II
- Unit 10: Negotiation Skills
6. BCSL – 021: C Language Programming Lab (Lab Course)
Section 1 : C Programming Lab
- Salient Features of C
- C Programming Using Borland Compiler
- Using C with UNIX
- Running C Programs using MS Visual C++
- Program Develop ment Life Cycle
- List of Lab Assign ments – Session wise.
7. BCSL – 022: Assembly Language Programming Lab (Lab Course)
Section 1: Digital Logic Circuits
- Logic Gates Circuit Simulation Program
- Making a Logic Circuit Using Logic
- A Revisit of Steps of Logic Circuit Design
- Session-wise problem
Section 2 Assembly Language Programming
- Turbo Assembler (TASM)
- Emu 8086
- The DEBUG Program
- Assembly Programming File
- Session-wise List of Programs
Ignou Detailed Bca Syllabus 3rd Semester 2023
1. MCS-014 : Systems Analysis and Design
BLOCK 1: Introduction to Systems Develop ment
- Unit 1: Introduction to SAD
- Units 2: Systems Analyst-A Profession
- Unit 3: Process of System Develop ment
- Units 4: Introduction to Documen tation of Systems
BLOCK 2: Planning and Designing Systems
- Unit 5: Process of System Planning
- Units 6: Modular and Struc tured Design
- Unit 7: System Design and Modelling
BLOCK 3: More Design Issues and CASE Tools
- Unit 8: Forms and Reports Design
- Units 9: Physical File Design and Data base Design
- Unit 10: CASE Tools for Systems Develop ment
BLOCK 4: Implementation and Security of Systems & MIS
- Unit 11: Implemen tation and Main tenance of Systems
- Units 12: Audit and Security of Computer Systems
- Unit 13: Manage ment Information Systems
2. MCS-021: Data and File Structures
BLOCK 1 : Introduction to Algorithms and Data Structures
- Unit 1: Analysis of Algorithms
- Units 2: Arrays
- Unit 3: Lists
BLOCK-2: Stacks, Queues and Trees
- Unit 4: Stacks
- Units 5: Queues
- Unit 6: Trees
BLOCK 3 : Graph Algorithms and Searching Tech niques
- Unit 7: Advanced Trees
- Units 8: Graphs
- Unit 9: Searching
BLOCK 4 : File Structures and Advanced Data Structures
- Unit 10: Sorting
- Units 11: Advanced Data Structure
- Unit 12: File Structure
3. MCS 023: Introduction to Database Management Systems
BLOCK 1 : The Database Manage ment System Concepts
- Unit 1: The Basic Concepts
- Units 2: Relational and ER Models
- Unit 3: Database Integrity and Norma lisation
- Units 4: File Organisation in DBMS
BLOCK 2: Structured Query Language and Transaction Management
- Unit 1: The Structures Query Language
- Unit 2: Transactions and Con currency Manage ment
- Units 3: Database Recovery and Security
- Unit 4: Distributed and Client Server Data bases
BLOCK 3: Application Development: Develop ment of a Hospital Manage ment System
BLOCK 4: Study Centre Manage ment System: A Case Study
Also see: Bshf 101 MCQ Questions with Answers
4. BCS-031 : Programming in C++
BLOCK 1: Basics of Object Oriented Programming & C++
- Unit 1: Object Oriented Pro gramming
- Unit 2: Introduction to C++
- Units 3: Objects and Classes
- Unit 4: Constructors and Destructors Purpose of Constructors
BLOCK 2: Inheritance and Polymorphism in C++
- Unit 1: Inheritance.
- Unit 2: Operator Overloading.
- Units 3: Poly morphism and Virtual Function.
BLOCK 3: Advanced Features of C++
- Unit 1: Streams and Files Stream Classes.
- Units 2: Templates and STL Function and Class Templates.
- Unit 3: Exception Handling.
- Units 4: Case Study.
5. BCSL-032: C++ Programming Lab
- Session1: Basics of C++, data type, I/O, Control Structures etc.
- Session 2: Class and Objects, function calling.
- Sessions 3: Constructor and Destructor.
- Session 4: Inheritance, Session 5: Operator Over loading.
- Sessions 6: Poly morphism.
- Session 7: Template class and function.
- Session 8: I/O and streaming.
- Sessions9: Exception Handling.
- Session10: STL.
6. BCSL-033: Data and File Structures Lab
SECTION 1: Data and File Structures Lab Manual.
- Linked Lists.
- Advanced Trees.
7. BCSL-034: DBMS Lab
SECTION 1: DBMS Lab
- Introduction to MS-Access
- Data base Creation
- Use of DBMS Tools/Client-Server Mode
- Forms and Procedures
The Detailed Syllabus of BCA Fourth Semester 2023
1. BCS-040: Statistical Tech niques
BLOCK 1: Statistics and Probability
- Unit 1: Descriptive Statistics
- Units 2: Proba bility Concepts
- Units 3: Proba bility Distributions
BLOCK 2: Statistical Inference
- Unit 4: Sampling Distributions
- Unit 5: Estimation
- Units 6: Tests of Significance
- Unit 7: Applications of Chi-Square in Problems with Categorical Data.
BLOCK 3: Applies Statistical Methods
- Unit 8: Analysis of Variance: One-Way Classification.
- Units 9: Regression Analysis
- Unit 10: Fore casting and Time Series Analysis
- Unit 11: Statistical Quality Control
BLOCK 4: Sampling
- Unit 12: Simple Random Sampling and Systematic Sampling
- Unit 13: Stratified Sampling
- Units 14: Cluster Sampling and Multistage Sampling
- Note: There may be some minor changes in the syllabus of BCS-040.
2. MCS-024: Object Oriented Tech nologies and Java Programming
BLOCK 1: Object Oriented Tech nology and Java
- Unit 1: Object Oriented Metho dology-1
- Units 2: Object Oriented Metho dology-2
- Unit 3: Java Language Basics
- Unit 4: Expressions, Statements and Arrays
BLOCK 2: Object Oriented Concepts and Exceptions Handling
- Unit 1: Class and Objects
- Unit 2: Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Units 3: Packages and Interfaces
- Unit 4: Exceptions Handling
BLOCK 3: Multi threading, I/O and String Handling
- Unit 1: Multi threaded Programming
- Unit 2: I/O in Java
- Units 3: Strings and Characters
- Unit 4: Exploring Java I/O
BLOCK 4: Applets Programming and Advance Java Concepts
- Unit 1: Applets
- Unit 2: Graphics and User Interfaces
- Units 3: Net working Features
- Unit 4: Advance Java
Also read: IGNOU Assignments 2023-24 (Updated)
3. BCS-041: Fundamental of Computer Networks
BLOCK 1: Concepts of Communication and Networking
- Unit 1: Basics of Data Communication
- Unit 2: Modulation and Encoding
- Units 3: Multi plexing and Switching
- Unit 4: Communication Mediums
BLOCK 2: Networks and Devices
- Unit 1: Network Classi fications and Topologies
- Unit 2: OSI and TCP/IP Models
- Units 3: Physical and Data link Layer
- Unit 4: Inter networking Devices
BLOCK 3: Network, Transport and Application Layer
- Unit 1: Network layer
- Unit 2: Transport layer
- Units 3: Application Layer
- Unit 4: Network Applications
BLOCK 4: Network Design and Security
- Unit 1: Building a Simple Network
- Unit 2: Introduction to Network Archi tectures
- Units 3: Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Networks
- Unit 4: Network Security
4. BCS-042: Analysis and Design of Algorithms
BLOCK 1: Introduction to Algorithm
- Unit 1: Basics of an Algorithm
- Unit 2: Asymptotic Bounds
- Units 3: Analysis of simple Algorithms
BLOCK 2: Design Techniques
- Unit 1: Greedy Technique
- Units 2: Divide and Conquer Approach
- Unit 3: Graph Algorithm
5. MCSL-016: Internet Concepts and Web Design (Lab Course)
BLOCK 1: Scripting Languages
- Unit 1: The Internet
- Unit 2: Introduction to HTML
- Units 3: Advanced HTML
- Unit 5: VB Script
- Units 6: Dream weaver
BLOCK 2: Lab Manual
Section 1: HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
- Basic of HTML
- How to Create HTML Document
- Steps for Creating a Simple HTML Program
Section 2: Advanced HTML
- Advanced Topics of HTML
Sections 3: Java Script
- Script Basics
- Incorporating Java Script into a Web Page
Section 4: VB Script
- VB Script Basics
- Incorporating VB Script into HTML Page
Section 5: Dream weaver
- How to Work in Dream weaver??
- How to save your file?
- Adding Layers to the Timeline and Giving Motion to the Layer
- Inserting Scripts
- Inserting External Media in the Web Page
- Adding SSI (Server-side include to the Page)
- Addiing CSS Style to your Page
- Adding XML Files to your Page
- To Export a Dream weaver Document as XML File, checking entries, working in frames, windows control, the Java script URL.
6. BCSL-043: Java Programming Lab
SECTION 1: Java Programming Lab
- Programming with Java
- PATH and CLASSPATH Setting
- Example Programs
- List of Lab Assignments
7. BCSL-044: Statistical Tech niques Lab
Session wise coverage:
- Session 1 : Frequency distri bution, central tendency and dis persion.
- Sessions 2,3, 4: Hypo thesis testing, t distribution, chi square distribution of distribution, normal distribution.
- Session 5 : Regression and correlation coefficient-uni variate, multi variate.
- Sessions 6 : Anova test.
- Session 7 : Central charts.
- Sessions 8 : Time series.
- Session 9, 10 : Sampling for a problem domain and analyse – Case Study.
8. BCSL-045 : Analysis and Design of Algorithms Lab
Detailed Syllabus of Ignou Fifth Semester
1. BCS-051: Introduction to Software Engineering
BLOCK 1 : Development of SRS
- Unit 1: Characteristics of SRS Complete ness, Un ambiguity, In consistency, IEEE SRS.
- Units 2: Function oriented Modeling DFD, ERD, Structure Chart, SRS, Data Dictionaries.
- Unit 3: Object Oriented Modeling
BLOCK 2 : Design and Testing
- Unit 1: Function Oriented Design
- Units 2: Object Oriented Design
- Unit 3: Testing Tech niques
- Unit 4: Develop ment and Execution of test cases
2. BCS-052: Network Programming and Administration
BLOCK 1 : TCP/IP Protocols
- Unit 1 : Introduction to TCP/IP
- Unit 2 : Internet Protocol
- Units 3 : Transport Layer Protocols
- Unit 4 : Application Layer Protcols
BLOCK 2: Fundamentals of TCP/IP Programming
- Unit 1: TCP/IP Programming Concepts
- Units 2: Socket Interface
- Unit 3: Socket Programming
BLOCK 3: Network Administration Using Linux
- Unit 1: Introduction To Network Adminis tration
- Units 2: Network Adminis tration Activities
- Units 3: Network Configuration and Setting
- Unit 4: Network Manage ment and Security
3. BCS-053: Web Programming
BLOCK 1: Client Side
- Unit 1: Web 2.0 and XHTML
- Unit 2: Using Style Sheets
- Units 3: Introduction to XML
- Unit 4: Pro gramming with Java Script – DOM and Events
- Unit 5: Introduction to WAP and WML
BLOCK 2: Server Side
- Unit 1: The Server Side Scripting
- Unit 2: JSP – Basic
- Units 3: JSP – Applications
- Unit 4: JSP Application Development
4. BCS-054 : Computer Oriented Numerical Tech niques
BLOCK 1: Computer Arithmetic and Solution of Linear and Non-linear Equations
- Unit 1: Computer Arithmetic
- Units 2: Solution of Linear Algebraic Equations
- Unit 3: Solution of Non-linear Equations
BLOCK 2: Interpolation
- Unit 1: Operator
- Units 2: Inter polation with Equal Intervals
- Unit 3: Inter polation with Unequal Intervals
BLOCK 3: Differen tiation, Inte gration and Differential Equations
- Unit 1: Numerical Differen tiation
- Units 2: Numerical Inte gration
- Unit 3: Ordinary Differential Equation
5. BCS-055: Business Communication
BLOCK 1: Business Social Skills & the Recruit ment Process
- Unit 1: Greetings & Introductions
- Units 2: Company Profiles/Jobs & responsi bilities
- Units 3: Getting Ready for the Job Market and Organising a Portfolio
- Unit 4: Responding to Advertise ments
BLOCK 2: Interviews
- Unit 1: Preparing for Interview
- Unit 2: Facing Interview
- Units 3: Phone and Walk-in-Interviews
- Unit 4: Group Discussions
BLOCK 3: Business Writing
- Unit 1: Features of Written & Oral Communication
- Unit 2: External Communication
- Units 3: Writing Reports
- Units 4: Writing Proposals
BLOCK 4: Cross Cultural Communication
- Unit 1: Communi cation Across Cultures
- Units 2: Business Travel
- Units 3: Business Events
6. BCSL-056: Network Programming and Adminis tration Lab
- Section 1: Introduction to UNIX
- Section 2: Introduction to Linux
- Sections 3: Network Programming Using C
- Section 4: Network Programming and Adminis tration Exercises
7. BCSL-057: Web Programming Lab
Session wise coverage:
- Sessions 1 : Using Web 2.0 and creating pages using XHTML.
- Session 2 : Creating Style Sheets for the web pages created in session.
- Sessions 3 : Creating sample XML document and displaying it.
- Session 4 : WML.
- Sessions 5, 6 : Using and writing Java Script in web pages, including events and Ajax.
- Sessions 7, 8 : Using JSP.
- Session 9, 10 : Writing simple applications using JSP and JDB and deploying it.
8. BCSL-058: Computer Oriented Numerical Tech niques Lab
Session wise coverage:
- Sessions 1,2,3 : for Based on problems discussed in Block 1
- Session 4,5,6 : for Based on problems discussed in Block 2
- Sessions 7,8,9,10 : for Based on problems discussed in Block 3
Ignou Detailed Syllabus of BCA Sixth Semester 2023
1. BCS-062: E-Commerce
BLOCK 1: E-Commerce Concept and Models
- Unit 1: Introduction to E-Commerce
- Unit 2: Elements of E-Commerce
- Units 3: EDI and Electronic Payment Systems
- Unit 4: Introduction to EC models
BLOCK 2: Practices in E-Commerce
- Unit 5: E-Business
- Unit 6: E-Security and Legal Issues
- Units 7: Mobile Commerce and Future of E-Commerce
- Unit 8: Case Study
2. MCS-022: Operating System Concepts and Networking Management
BLOCK 1: Operating System Fundamentals Net working
- Unit 1: Graphical User Interface
- Unit 2: Introduction to Operating System
- Units 3: Introduction to Net working Concepts
- Unit 4: Inter networking: Concept, Archi tecture and Protocols
BLOCK 2: Linux Operating System
- Unit 1: Introduction to Linux Operating System
- Unit 2: Linux Commands and Utilities
- Units 3: Linux Utilities and Editor
- Unit 4: User-to-User Communication
- Units 5: UNIX System Adminis tration
BLOCK 3: Windows 2000
- Unit 1: Windows 2000 Net working
- Unit 2: Managing Windows 2000 Server
- Units 3: Advanced Windows 2000 Net working
- Unit 4: Windows XP Net working
BLOCK 4: Security and Manage ment
- Unit 1: Security Concepts
- Unit 2: Computer Security
- Units 3: Security and Manage ment-I
- Unit 4: Security and Manage ment-II
3. BCSL-063: Lab (Operating System concepts and Networking Manage ment)
SECTION 1: Operating Systems and Net working Lab
- Overview of Windows 2000
- Unix and Linux
- Advanced concepts of Local Area Network
- Network adminis tration of Windows 2000
- LINUX adminis tration
- Unix Net working
- Installation and Confi guration of the net working services like TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP
4. BCSP-064: Project
- Students are en couraged to spend maxi mum time of the sixth semester wor king on a project pre ferably in a software industry or any research orga nization.
- The courses studied by the students during the BCA Programme provide them the compre hensive back ground know ledge on diverse subject areas in computer science such as computer pro gramming, data struc ture, DBMS, Computer Orga nization, SAD, Software Engi neering, Computer Networks etc.,
- which will be helping students in doing project work.
- Student will receive Project Guide lines along with their 5th semester course material.
- Students may also download Project Guide lines from here.
- All Students have to follow and adhere to BCSP-064 project guide lines.
So, this is the latest ignou detail syllabus of bca 2023 semester wise.
I hope, this article is helpful for you.
You can also always visit to our website ignou helpdesk for any information related to ignou.
Also See other Posts –