Ignou Re Admission – Many Students in Indira Gandhi National Open University are not able to complete their Program during their maximum time Duration.
For Example – If you got admission in BSC Programme in July Session 2015 and Minimum duration of BSC Program is 3 years and Maximum duration is 6 years.
Now, if you are not able to complete your program till July 2021 that means in maximum duration of 6 years. So what can you do for complete your Degree after Maximum Duration ?. Answer is to Fill IGNOU Re admission Form.
Below, you will see the ignou re admission process, last date, online Status, rules and guide lines etc.
Important Note: Re-admission not allow for IGNOU students
- Ignou recently announced that re admission option will be closed very soon for every ignou student.
- There is a notification regarding Re admission, in which you will see how much time is left for you to complete your programme.
- So please, before filling the re admission form, see the new re admission notification.
- From here you can see the re-admission cancellation notification- Click here.
IGNOU Re admission
Currently, the Re Admission process in ignou is Offline. In Ignou, students of all programs can get re admission very easily through offline mode and can complete their incomplete courses/Semester/year.
Who can Apply For Re Admission in IGNOU ?
- Students Who are not able to clear their exams within Maximum time period given by the University.
- Students whose practicals are not completed during maximum time period of the program.
- Also, those students who did not register for their semesters/years within the maximum time period, can apply for re admission.
IGNOU Re Admission Fees
First of all, We need to see the fees of re admission that is called table of Pro rata fee. Through Pro Rata Fee, you can see the Fees per Credit or per Course and also the total Fees of the program.
For the Programme with practical component a separate fee is worked out and is payable at the respective Regional Centre.
This Pro Rata Fee Table contains all the information about fees of almost all Programs available in ignou.
You can download the Pro Rata fee table by click Here
IGNOU Re Admission Validity
- If you are a student of Bachelor’s Degree program, the Re admission Maximum Validity is of 2 Years (consecutive academic years).
- Students of Master’s Degree Program, Re admission validity is of 2 years (consecutive academic years).
- For Students of All Certificate Programs whose minimum duration is 6 months, Re admission validity is 6 months.
- All students of Diploma and PG Diploma programs whose mini mum duration is 1 year, Re admission Validity is 1 Year.
- The IGNOU Re admission Form can be Fill only when maximum duration of any program is Over/Expired.
Important Dates of Re Admission in IGNOU
- For June Exams – Submit Re Admission Form between 1st February to 30th April. ( But know Extend upto 15 June 2020).
- For December Exams – Submit Form between 1st August to 31st October.
- Dates can be Extended.
How to Apply for IGNOU Re Admission Form ?
The Process of filling the IGNOU Re admission form is not online, currently the process is only offline, and the payment is also offline for re admission.
Before filling the form, please carefully read the guide lines and rules of Re Admission.
You can get Re Admission Form by visiting the regional Centre and you can also Download the Re Admission form by Click Here.
Procedure For Filling the IGNOU Re Admission Form
- First of all, fill your same Name and Address which you mention at the time of First Admission.
- Then Fill Email Id, Mobile Number, Program code
- Then Write Enroll ment Number ( Same which is provided Earlier by IGNOU at time of Admission).
- Fill Regional Centre Code and Study Centre Code
- Know fill the details of Subjects (which you did not complete in your maxi mum time period of program) like Course Code, Course Title, Credits and Course Fees
- If you also missed re registration of any year or any semesters during maxi mum duration of program, then fill the details like Years/semesters, Course Code of the missed year/semester and then fill Re-registration fee.
- For Payment, Make a Demand draft in favour of IGNOU and Payable at New Delhi. ( Also See Point 5 Below In Some Important Rules and Guide lines For Re Admission)
Where To Submit the Form ?
When your Demand Draft and Re Admission Form is Ready, then you have to send both these things through mail to this Address only –
Registrar, Student Registration Division,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110 068
How to check the IGNOU Re Admission Status Online
After Sending the Re Admission Form and DD, how to check ignou re admission status. You can check your Re Admission Status by Click Here.
After clicking the above link enter your Enroll ment Number and you will get the Status of Re Admission.
Some Important Rules and Guidelines For Re Admission
- New Study Material will not be provided by the IGNOU for Re Admission.
- IGNOU can Change or Revised Pro Rata Fee of Re Admission at any Time.
- You can take Re admission in old courses only if IGNOU conduct exams for those courses.
- Practical Fees will Submitted Separately at regional Centre only.
- Write your Name, Program Code and Enroll ment Number, also the words ‘Re-admission’ on the reverse of the DD.
What will happen if you are not able to complete Program during the Re Admission ?
No Second Chance will be Given to the students, if you are not able to complete your program during Re admission.